iYellow Managed Services is part of the iYellow Group, a group of companies committed to championing and advancing equitable access - diversity and inclusivity in connection through communication.
We are a small business that is looking to grow and expand our customer base.
To do this, our work is defined by our core values. Equitable Access - Breaking barriers in communication for the blind, Deaf and DeafBlind communities we serve. Celebrate Differences - We celebrate our diversity and are proud of our differences. We look for the unique qualities and perspectives each person and partners bring to our team. It is through this lens we are better positioned to assist those in need of our services. Raise the Bar - We continually strive to hold ourselves and our clients accountable to higher expectations and break the barriers and assumptions of the status quo.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for bookkeeping and accounting tasks. The ideal candidate will be able to work well in a fast-paced, energetic environment with a positive attitude. Attention to detail and accuracy required. The Staff Accountant reports into the Chief Operating Officer.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Process invoices and daily transactions and expenses.
- Update and maintain accounting database with data entry and reports.
We offer a wide range of tools and technology platforms to support the needs of persons who are blind, low vision, Deaf, Deaf/Blind, as well as those with mobility or cognitive challenges. Our clients are primarily in the government sector, with a growing number of companies in the non-government space.
- Handle day-to-day accounting duties including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, booking journal entries, reconciling credit card and bank accounts.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Provides reports to Executive Team and Auditors as needed.
- Will be working with a third-party accounting firm for strategy, monthly reconciliation
- and closing.
- Communicate with clients via phone and email, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 3-5 years experience in Accounting/Bookkeeping.
- Experience in QuickBooks Online.
- Experience in Government contracting a plus.
- Knowledge of Egnyte (Database), Salesforce and SharePoint a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products, particularly Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and evolving environment.
- Works well in both an autonomous/independent and team environment.
- Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and
- future trends. Comprehends the big pictures. Passionately finds ways over, around or through barriers to success.
Apply on LinkedIn Today